Friday, April 19, 2013

A Few Moments in Life.



Well, it has been kinda long since I've updated. Had the craziest week ever in my life last week. My grandmother was hospitalized, grandfather had a minor op & I had my com101 2nd exam which was rather important for me if I want to keep my grades at B+/A-. I'm too lazy to elaborate on what exactly happened to my grandmother but no worries, thank god she's fine now! :) I just can never forget what happened on Monday midnight, was the 2nd scariest night in my life thus far. I hope nothing like this will ever happen again. What I learnt from this week? I really really really love my grandmother. And also, I give my utmost respect to any souls who are out there struggling to juggle between a sickly family member, work and any other thing that's going on in their life. It ain't easy, imo. My grandfather? I've come to realize that he was kinda biased against my father as compared to all his other three children. Maybe because they're all graduates but my father's not? But so what? They are all earning about the same money now right? So what's the difference? I really don't know. And I swear he dislikes me the most but I ain't got anything to resolve this. I'm just gonna deal with it and give my grandmother everything I can. If you can't accept the fact, just deal with it man. I don't hate my grandfather but sometimes I really can't stand his favoritism. To a certain point, it's an eyesore. But yeah..I still love the both of them lah :)

Important people in my life

Studies? This sem isn't going very well. I had to resign one module which meant that I had to waste $1.5k of my parents' money. I really need to learn how to keep the guilt in me for a longer period of time because although at that moment I'm telling myself that I have to buck up and not disappoint my parents because they are already spending so much money on me, after a while, the sense of guilt seems to just disappear into thin air. I swear I'm gonna work hard next semester and get good grades again! Being a little ambitious here but I'm hoping that I'll get an average of A- next sem :P When you believe, you will achieve! 

Note to self: Remember that you are in a private university and you are spending a hell lot of your parents' money. You better do good and make them proud at the end of the day. 

When I had to resign this ugc module, I honestly had that damn sore feeling. I added this module together with my twin at the beginning of the sem and the others in our clique were like doubting our capability and question us if it is too much to handle. Yes, ugc is a damn interesting module but I just can't study and score well for it. My twin can! So, laugh all you want and even if i have to retake this module together with you guys, I'm gonna own you in your face. See? This is the mini competitive problem that I'm currently facing with one or two ppl from my uni clique. I HATE COMPETITIONS. I really really hate it. Since like forever, when people compete with me, it just turns me off. I think at some point of time I'm actually willing to lose so that I'll get outta this competitive environment. It is an extremely disadvantageous environment for me.  Sore Loser? Kiasu? Scared to die? Say all you want but i honestly believe in competing with just me, myself and I. Deal with it. 

So, life is getting kinda mundane recently. I'm not gonna complain about having to take care of my grandparents because it is my duty and I like doing it. But sometimes, it just gets a little overwhelming when it is as though I'm the only one doing everything. I love spending time with my grandmother and I feel insecure leaving her alone at home or even when she's sleeping at night because I'm afraid she'll fall. You can say that I'm thinking too much but all these worries attribute to a certain amount of stress in me. Uni life? Rarely have lessons where the entire clique can get together so it gets a little awkward when we're all together coz there's like nothing to say? I expected uni to be a tad bit more exciting. Sometimes I really wanna go and join some ccas on my own so that I can make new friends. To be honest, I don't wanna be stuck with this same clique and just only them for the rest of my uni years. Its just boring. Maybe I should just go ahead and do it huh? haha!

I'M GOING TO MELBOURNE NEXT WED!! Excited much! Coz I'm finally getting away from this insanely hot weather in Singapore and having a mini escapade from reality! :) Although it is only for 4-5 days, it is better than nothing right? hahaha! Am so gonna spend quality with my mum and dad there! (Went for a hair cut yesterday and my bangs is screwed again...dont ever cut your hair before leaving for a holiday man!) My brother's busy with his uni life/studying/friends etc, hardly see him at home these days. Kinda hope he has a girlfriend though :P hahaha! He's already turning 23 for goodness sake! Okay, not like I'll definitely find one by 23 but I still think he should have one soon! :) 

I just cannot emphasize enough on how much I wanna leave this country and live a whole new life in a new country! Sometimes, I wish I wasn't even born in this country, it is just too boring! Maybe I should really consider working at Kruger National Park huh? Have been looking at a lot of wild safari and activists websites recently, I was trying to look for the 'career opportunities' section in particular! hahaha! Nat geo seems kinda hard coz they seem to prefer communications degree holders instead. Ohwells, we'll see how yeah? hahaha! Hope I can get a really fun job in the future! :)


I really love this picture! Haha!

No comments: