Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Obsessive Dad

Well, recently my dad has been getting on my nerves (?) Not sure if that's the right word to use but I'm just getting a little uncomfortable about his obsessiveness over me. Firstly, I am 19 turning 20 this year. Come on, anybody at this age in any other countries are probably out partying all night and getting insane hangovers the next day. Maybe not even in other countries, at least a quarter of my fellow Singaporeans are having sucha life now. Not that this is the life I want but I just want a little bit more freedom. I used to tell my dad who I'm going out with and where will we be going because I felt comfortable doing so and see no problem with that. Recently, when I only mentioned I'll be going out with my friends to my dad, he'll DEFINITELY ask me where am I going. I purposefully tried not to tell him on some occasions but he will just message me at some time and ask me rudely. For example, 'location now' and 'location update'. I'm like living in a military camp right? Argh. It is not that I have anything to hide but I guess I'm reaching a point where I feel that certain amount of privacy has to be given to me. Trust me, my dad is capable of going to the same place as me despite knowing that I'll be there. Why do such things? For God's sake, I do not know. I don't understand what trust issues he has with me when I'm not even the rebellious kinda kid. I know my limits and I'm pretty sure I'm strong enough to protect myself. Yes I know, people can just kill me and rape me without me knowing but come on, at least I know how to reduce the chances right? I'm gonna have THE talk with my dad asap. Wish me luck. Till then!

No comments: